Tuesday 20 March 2012

100 Word Challenge #35


Temptation

Like a madness it called in the inky black night
Casting shadows of doubt in the innocent light
It tempted Pandora, inviting her in
With the lure and desire of
 corruption and sin
But Pandora was strong and resisted its hold
She knew much of its evil the stories foretold
Digging deep in her soul she would fight it they say
As it wrenched at her heart when she pushed it away
So beware the red box and its secret within
With it’s pretty gold edges and velvet blood skin

12 comments:

  1. Super, I am always just a tad envious of anyone who can write poetry like this. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks Anna
      I must admit, that one nearly stumped me :-)

      Delete
  2. "pretty gold edges and velvet blood skin"...you painted quite a picture with those words. Nice poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm bit grim I know, not sure what came over me, I think I was trying to get across a sinister feeling :-)

      Thanks

      Delete
  3. Reckon you did, Andrea. This is brilliant. Inspirational in that, here, she tried so hard to resist, knowing the consequences. But tragic in that we all know that she ultimately failed. Really good. And your last weeks xbox poem too, with the same rhythm ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the prompt Andrea! Very sinister and broody :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is wonderfully rich and begs to be read slowly and carefully. Thoroughly enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The meter on this was expertly consistent. Enjoyed this, worth reading a few times over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I can't believe all the kind comments I've had this week, thank you all so much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh very sinister. Great take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever, beautifully balanced and with a great rhythm to the sentence structure. Enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Creepy and wonderful and lyrical, I really loved this.

    ReplyDelete